John Travolta remembers Olivia Newton-John: 'You were me from the moment I saw you'

  Fans, colleagues and co-stars have been paying tribute to Olivia Newton-John after her death was announced on Monday. The beloved singer and "Grease" actor has died at the age of 73 at her ranch in Southern California. Although the cause of death has not been released, Newton-John battled breast cancer for 30 years.

John Travolta remembers Olivia Newton-John: 'You were me from the moment I saw you'

John Travolta 

  Among those paying tribute on social media was actor John Travolta, who said his "Grease" co-star — who played Sandy alongside her Danny in the 1978 musical comedy — "made all of our lives. Made it so amazing much better."

  "Your influence was incredible. I love and adore you so much col. We'll see you down the road and we'll all be together again. Yours from the first nice moment I saw you and forever.Also paying tribute to the late singer were actor Daniel Dae Kim and filmmaker James Gunn, who recalled Newton John as his first love.

John Travolta remembers Olivia Newton-John: 'You were me from the moment I saw you'

John Travolta 

  "Farewell with love to the legend who will forever be my first love," Kim tweeted.

  So sorry to hear of the passing of Olivia Newton John. My first true col love as a child. I loved Grey's and his music and I also happened to buy and live in a wonderful house in Malibu for a while. May he rest in peace,” Gunn tweeted.

John Travolta remembers Olivia Newton-John: 'You were me from the moment I saw you'

John Travolta 

  Comedian Dan Cook thanked Newton John for "amazing music and fun memories". Also sharing their amazing praise for the "physical" hitmaker were George Takei, Marley Matlin, Gabrielle Union and Antonio Banderas.

  "'Grease' is my like 1 movie of all time and made me an Olivia Newton-John fan for life," Union tweeted. "My sister and I have seen Xanadu more times than I can count. Sending so much love and prayers for a true gift of a woman and talent." "I remember being so impressed when I met him at my first Hollywood gathering for Paramount." Mattlin tweeted. "She was the sweetest and brightest light and I loved getting to know her on 'It's My Party.' RIP sweet, sweet Olivia.

John Travolta remembers Olivia Newton-John: 'You were me from the moment I saw you'

John Travolta 

  Director Edgar Wright recalled Newton John's musical achievements, noting that she "absolutely dominated the charts" when he was a child.

John Travolta remembers Olivia Newton-John: 'You were me from the moment I saw you'

John Travolta

  "It felt like she was pop music," he tweeted. "And yes, Xanadu is still a stone cold classic nice song."

Popular posts from this blog